Topics of Interest English Core
Raj Kumar Parashari 08 Dec, 2019 Views: 388
1. You are Dhruv/ Deepa. Your father, Shri Dheeraj Garg of Gurugram wants you to draft an invitation to be sent to friends and relatives on the occasion of your elder sister’s marriage. Prepare the invitation giving necessary details in not more than 50 words
Fireworks and cracks are known to create pollution festivals. As an environmentalist, design a poster in about 50 words to awareness about ill effects.
2. You want to spend a week-long holiday at Shimla in the month of October. You have decided to stay at Hotel Snow view. Write a letter in 120-150 words to the manager to book a room. Mention the dates, facilities in the room, food, sight-seeing facilities etc. you will need. You will need. You are Amar/Amrita, M-114, Lake Road, and Karnal.
It gives you a good feeling when you read in the month of October. You have decided to stay at Hotel Snow view. Write a letter in 120-150 words to the editor of a national daily describing the importance of medical tourism for India. You are Karan/Karuna M 114, Mall Road, Kanpur.
3. By 2050, India will be amongst the countries which will face acute water shortage. You are highly alarmed and terrified of the future world without water. So, write an article on “Save water-are we doing enough?” for the local daily in 150-200 words.
The fine Arts club of your school celebrated its length anniversary in a grand manner. Distinguished artists Pt. Jasraj, Hariprasad Chaurasia and the veteran Kathak dancer Shovana Narayan graced the occasion and enthralled the audience by their memerizing compositions. Shovana Narayan’s graceful movements were a delight to watch. The function ended with two lilting songs by Shambu, a class 10th student of your school. Write a report in 150-200 words on the event, to be published in your school magazine. You are Sohan/Sakhi, Secretary of the club.
4. After the rainy season is over, mosquitoes start breeding. They cause malaria,dengue,Chikungunya, etc. These diseases can sometime prove to be fatal. As principle of your school you have decided to deliever a speech on protection from mosquitoes. Write the speech in 150-200 words.
Write a debate in 150-200 words either for or against the motion:21st century is an age of greed.’
5. a. Read the following extract and answer the following questions briefly:
Its loveliness increases,it will never
pass into nothingness;but will keep
a lower quiet for us,and a sleep
full of sweet dreams, and health,and quiet breathing.
(a) Whose loveliness will keep on increasing?
(b) Identify the phrase which says that it is immortal.
(c) What is a bower?
(d) why do we need sweet dreams, health and quiet breathing in our lives?
b.Read the given passage and answer the questions that follow:
He had gone to the December 1916 annual convention of the Indian National Congress party in Lucknow. There were 2,301 delegates and many visitors. During the proceedings, Gandhi recounted, “a peasant came up to me looking like any other peasant in India,poor and emaciated, and said, ‘I am Rajkumar Shukla. I am from Champaran, and I want you to come to my district!”
Gandhi had never heard of the place. It was in the foothills of the towering Himalayas, near the kingdom of Nepal.
(a) When did Gandhiji go to Lucknow?
(b) What did he go to Lucknow for?
(c) Who did he meet there?
(d) Where did Shukla want Gandhiji to come?
6. Answer any five of the following questions in 30-40 words:
(i) ‘Grabage to them is gold’. Why does the author say so about the rag pickers of seemapuri?
(ii) Why did Frnaz not want to go to school that day ?
(iii) Why did Jansie discourage Sophie from having dreams ?
(iv) What kind of pain does Kamala Das feel in ‘My Mother at Sixty-Six’?
(v) How did the writer indicate that Dr. Sadao’s father was a very traditional and conventional man?
(vi) What is mother Skunk’s role in the story ?
(vii) How did the Governor,Oxford Prison describe Evans to the secretary Examination Board ?
7. Answer any one of the following questions in 120-150 words:
(i) What made the peddler finally change his ways?
(ii) Every famous person has a right to his or her privacy. Interviewers sometimes embarrass celebrities with very personal questions. Comment.
8. Answer any one of the following questions in 120-150 words:
(i) Describe the efforts made by the Tiger King to achieve his target of killing a hundred tigers.
(ii) Both Derry and Lamb are victims of physical impairment but much more painful for them is the feeling of loneliness. Comment.